Loch Ness, Glen Coe & the Highlands. On this tour, drive the full length of Loch Ness, get the opportunity to cruise on the loch and explore Urquhart Castle, and pass through Cairngorms National Park and the stunning Glen Coe.
Skye & The Fairy Pools
- Prices Vary by Season
- Adult Ages 16 -59, prices from:
- Child Ages 3 - 15, prices from:
- Seniors Age 60+, prices from:
Stunning Scenery of The Isle of Skye & The Mystery of the Fairy Pools
Our incredible one day tour will take you through the spectacular and iconic scenery of the Western Highlands with views of Loch Ness and Eilean Donan Castle – along with a visit over the bridge to the mystical Isle of Skye. On the island you will visit the beautiful streams and waterfalls of the fairy pools, a truly breath-taking location.
- Photograph Eilean Donan: One of Scotland’s most beautiful castles
- Loch Ness: Home of the famous monster
- The Isle of Skye: Explore this incredible island
- The Cuillin Hills: Loch Slapin, Blaven, and Eilean Ban
- The Fairy Pools: Awe-inspiring streams and waterfalls in the heart of the Cuillins
Through the wilds of the North-West Highlands
Wave goodbye to Inverness as we travel north to cross over the Kessock Bridge to the Black Isle. From here, our tour will follow part of the route of the North Coast 500, travelling through areas of stunning scenery in the one of the remotest parts of Scotland, such as the Black Isle, Loch Carron and the mountains of the North-West Highlands. Whilst travelling through these wildly beautiful areas you will be able to enjoy a short break in the lovely hamlet of Achnasheen, perched beside the River Bran.
Across the Bridge to Skye
We’ll continue west and you’ll cross onto the little island of Eilean Ban, where noted Scottish naturalist and author Gavin Maxwell lived whilst he was observing the local wildlife. Eilean Ban now forms a part of the Skye Bridge connects the Scottish mainland to the village of Kyleakin on the Isle of Skye. We’ll stop here for you to stretch your legs and get some photographs before continuing deeper into the misty isle.
Enjoy lunch in Portree
We’ll journey past the Cuillin Hills and the Sligachan Bridge whilst your driver-guide will enlighten you with tales of the history and legends of the Isle of Skye. We will then continue our journey through Skye to Portree, the largest town on the island, and one of its highlights. This will be our lunch stop, where you will have time to explore the town and take in the lovely views of the colourful harbourside cottages – just watch out for the seagulls!
The wonders of the Fairy Pools
Our next stop will be the Fairy Pools, we will spend approximately 90 minutes here so you can enjoy the gentle walk up this stunning network of bluey, green waterfalls and streams. These beautiful streams, which sit amongst the craggy mountains of the Cuillins are an incredible highlight of your day travelling to the Isle of Skye with us.
We will then begin our journey back to the mainland, which will take us to one of the most picturesque and iconic castles in Scotland, Eilean Donan Castle. This castle is also a very popular location for films and TV shows with its spectacular setting perched on its own little island at the head of Loch Duich!
Monster spotting alongside Loch Ness
Your day concludes with a bit of monster spotting as you drive through the Great Glen, a fault line which runs across the width of Scotland, splitting the country in two, and along the shores of Loch Ness as we travel back to Inverness.
- No matter when you visit, the weather in Scotland can be “changeable”, to say the least. We suggest that you bring suitable clothing for all conditions, including a waterproof jacket (it has been known to rain in Scotland), sunglasses and plenty of layers.
- Ensure you bring shoes suitable for short walks, on rough or uneven terrain.
- Although most attractions & eating establishments we visit accept card payments, we would also recommend bringing cash with you.
- Don’t forget a camera to snap the fantastic memories you’ll make on tour with us!
- Please limit your luggage to 1 x small/medium piece per person (no more than 15kg), along with 1 x small handbag or daypack.