- When booking the Loch Ness 1-day tour you are eligible to purchase another (only one other) 1-day tour for only £25 per person, subject to tour availability.
- The same applies for the Skye 1-day tour from Inverness.
- You must book directly with us at our shop, over the phone or by email.
- The additional tour must be booked at the same time or by providing the Loch Ness/Skye booking reference number.
- This deal is only valid when both tours are within one month of each other
- This deal does not apply to tours departing in July and August
Cancellation and Refunds for scheduled tours
When a passenger wishes to make a cancellation of a 1-day scheduled tour the following charges apply:
- Within 48 hours of the tour departure, no refund will be given.
- 48-72 hours before the tour departure, a 50% refund of the tour price will be given.
- 72 hours or more before the tour departure, a full refund of the tour price will be given.
When a passenger wishes to make a cancellation of a multi-day scheduled tour the following charges apply:
- Within 7 days of the tour departure, no refund will be given.
- 7-14 days before the tour departure, a 50% refund of the tour price will be given.
- 14 days or more before the tour departure, a 90% refund of the tour price will be given.
We reserve the right to cancel trips under exceptional circumstances such as those out with our control. In such cases clients will be promptly informed and offered:
- Transfer to a substitute trip or tour, or an alternative trip or if the tour is a lower cash value clients will receive a cash adjustment refund; or a total refund of all prepaid monies.
Cancellation and Refunds for private tours
The 20% deposit is forfeited on any cancellation, which must be notified to the company in writing by e-mail or post, and sent via recorded delivery.
Where the balance owing on a tour is not paid prior to the six week deadline then the company reserves the right to cancel the tour and forfeit the deposit.
Where notification of cancellation has been received less than six weeks prior to the commencement of a tour the following schedule of refunds will apply:
- 41-28 days before start – 75% of balance
- 27-14 days before start – 50% of balance
- 13-0 days before start – NIL
Highland Experience Tours reserves the right to cancel trips under exceptional circumstances. In such cases clients will be promptly informed and offered :
- Transfer to a substitute trip or tour or
- An alternative trip or tour which if a lower cash value will include a cash adjustment refund or
- A total refund of all prepaid monies.
Cancellation and Refunds for unique tours
- Due to the unique nature of our specialised tours i.e. X-mas & New Year tours a specific cancellation charge applies to this product – up to 7 days prior to departure 50% refund. Within 7 days – no refund)
- Due to the fact that we use 3 star accommodation for our X-Mas & New Year tours all prices are based on two sharing a room.
General Guidelines for all tours
Children policy: Unfortunately we do not accept children under the age of 3 on any of our tours. We do accept children of 3 years old and above on all tours, providing valid proof of age, such as passport or birth certificate.
Luggage policy: Maximum weight: 15kg. Maximum size: 55 x 40 x 20 per person. Left luggage offices available in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness. See our FAQs ‘How much luggage can I bring?’
Any personal property should be carried at the travellers responsibility
We reserve the right to change the tour itinerary at any time due to weather, acts of God and events out with our control.
Unless stated otherwise, food, attractions and accommodation is not included in the tour price however; clients may be eligible for a discount when mentioning Highland Experience.
Smoking is not permitted on any of our vehicles.
Highland Experience recommends all passengers take out suitable travel, medical and cancellation insurance.
Driver tips are not included in the tour price but if deserved, greatly appreciated.
Please note that we operate with a minimum number of 5 passengers on all tours except private tours.
Seating on our buses is a first-come, first-serve basis. We do not offer allocated seating.
If you are travelling as a group, but have booked separately from each other, there is no guarantee you will be placed on the same vehicle on the day of travel. In this instance, we require you to make us aware either by phone or email the name of all passengers travelling together in the group, so we can aim to allocate you all to the same vehicle where possible.
Money back guaranteed (tour only)
As we continue to strive for improvement we would like to hear your comments and if we have failed to deliver the quality experience advertised we will refund your money in full. This offer applies to the scheduled transport element only and no third parties, i.e. accommodation, meals or attractions.
It is the responsibility of the Passenger to ensure that they are at the departure point in good time and that they adhere to the departure times given in the Company’s publicity and by its representatives. Coaches will not be held for Passengers who are late. In such cases full cancellation charges will apply and the Company shall have no further liability to that Passenger.
Alterations by the company
Whilst the Company shall use its reasonable endeavours to provide the tour as planned, the Company reserves the right to alter itineraries in any way, and for whatever reason, or to vary hotel accommodation. In the case of hotel accommodation alternative accommodation of a similar standard will be obtained.
Suppliers of service
Tickets for steamships, aircraft, trains or other carriers which are obtained by the Company on behalf of the Passenger are subject to the conditions of carriage of the individual carrier. The Company undertakes to select hotels, restaurants and coach companies which have a good reputation. The company will not accept or have any liability for the acts of omissions whether negligent or otherwise, of ferry companies, coach operators, hotels or any other person providing services in connection with the arrangements of the group/ individual(s) unless such a person is employed by the Company or subject to the Company’s direct control. The Company is dedicated to providing Passengers with a reliable and fault free service. In the unlikely event that a Passenger wishes to raise any queries or complaints with the Company, such query or complaint should be raised in the first instance with the tour guide, who will endeavour to resolve the situation to the Passenger’s satisfaction. If any complaint cannot be resolved by the tour guide, Passengers must address their complaints in writing to the Company within one month from the last day of the tour provided by the Company.
The Company does not accept any liability for any loss, inconvenience or damage caused by war, threat of war riot or civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural disaster, fires, sickness, weather conditions, airport regulations, temporary, technical, mechanical or electrical breakdown of transport or any facilities contained within advertised accommodation, explosion of any nuclear plant or part thereof or radioactivity/contamination arising from such plant or events beyond the reasonable control of the Company.
In order to process your booking and to ensure that your travel arrangements run smoothly, we will need to use the personal information which you provide to us (such as your name, address, contact details, any special requirements etc). We may also use the information provided to keep in touch with you to obtain feedback and to advise you of the Company’s products and services (including special offers) from time to time. In addition, we may be required to pass this information on to third parties (such as accommodation providers or other suppliers relevant to your booking). We will not, however, pass your information on to anyone who is not involved in providing (or arranging the provision of) any product or service related to your booking.
Reviews and Marketing
Any reviews, photographs or content (which you upload to our websites or otherwise) will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary (unless expressly stated by you in writing to [email protected]). You will retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. Uploading your content shall automatically grant us a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, distribute and display such content for such purposes as we may reasonably require including, without limitation, for use in our marketing materials and publicity.
We have the right to remove any posting you make or content you upload on our websites if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out above. We may also impose restrictions on the amount of content which can be uploaded at any time.